Sunday, March 8, 2009

My arms are like limp noodles. I am glad, because it means I worked them hard enough but not too much. I am amazed that I can do a pull-up at all, let alone a total of 30, the majority of which were finger pull-ups. For most of my life I couldn't even do one. Stronger? Indeed. Focused? Definitely. A good afternoon at the faux-crag.
Yesterday I went through my cupboard and fridge and threw away all that food that doesn't contribute to optimum health. It was sad to see those chocolate-covered pretzels go, but I feel good about the decision. It's hard to remember in the midst of my bad habits that eating only super healthy food actually feels really good. And in the long run feels better, in fact, than those fleeting indulgent moments of cupcake eating. Oh cupcakes... I was on quite a run there, but I needed that reminder when I ate two super sugary delicious cupcakes in one day (Friday) and felt two not-so delicious super sugary crashes and just wanted to curl up in a ball and bury myself by evening. Ugh. Cupcakes are so crafty because you really can't taste the evil.
You should, however, taste the power of jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment